#21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 13:53

Plan: Doc issued, no name
Stats: 136/134/115 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Advice?

Hi there everyone!
I am 30, female and in desperate need of knowledgeable advice/support.

I know the "normal" range for TH levels are up to 5.5.
I tested six or seven years ago at 3. I just got retested due to hypothyroid symptoms and am now at 5.8.
I can barely get up in the morning unless I have help I hurt so badly. We just moved to a two story home and I have to stop after 5 stairs because I get fatigued so quickly. I sleep terribly, and wake up often with numb shoulders and sore hips. My once very full and thick hair is thinned to the point that you can see the shape of my head all the way past my crown.
I'm only 4 ft 11 in but I weigh 134 lbs. My legs itch so bad that I've now got scarring from constant scratching. I was treated for depression several times over the past 5 years...since just after my youngest daughter was born. I was 113 lbs at my 6 week post-partum checkup. 3 months later I was at 130. I've been unable to go lower than that weight since then despite a strict diet and very fatiguing and painful exercise.
My fiance is wonderful. He gets me out of bed in the morning, helps me into and out of the shower, and up and down the stairs. He even puts my shoes on me. HE IS 15 YEARS OLDER AND GETS AROUND BETTER THAN ME!

My doctor got my thyroid results and is now making me wait 6 weeks, then she is doing another test. Meanwhile I can barely function. Thank God my job is very sedentary. Does anyone know why she is waiting then retesting instead of sending me to and endocrinologist? From all of the information I've read, the thyroid can't make that much of a change between now and then, can it?

I feel hopeless, helpless and scared.
Help?