View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 16:13
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Thanks so much for the well wishes. As for writing the "real" story---that isn't really an option for me. I'm one of those honest to a fault people. And I always seem to give too much information. Yikes! I do think it is great that we can research procedures thoroughly these days. I always do better if I know what to expect.

Along those lines I did record and watch a lot of plastic surgery shows before going in. It was really essential for my wonderful man to see these. He has been my care person...I could not have made it without him at first. He says seeing the shows helped prepare and desensitize him.

FYI, the new show, Big Medicine on TLC has the best segments on body lifts/belt lipectomy that I've seen. They show some of the follow-up visits with the surgeons. The others show the before, some of the actual surgery, then they jump forward several months. Have any of y'all seen this show? It does promote gastric bypass, but has a section on reconstruction from weight loss as well. I have nothing against gastric bypass. I just didn't think that was a good idea for me personally ---- besides, it looks like I chose to save my surgery time for AFTER I lost the weight.
Sara<><
p.s. I'm having a good time being back on this forum.