#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 06:28
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%
Red face I had a belt lipectomy--lower body lift

Hey!!! Princess Sara here. I just want to report that I had my belt lipectomy 17 days ago, and I am doing GREAT!!!! FYI: a belt lipectomy is AKA a lower body lift. I was cut all the way around my body. Loose skin was removed. The skin below the cut was pulled up, ridding me of muffin mush, enhancing my tush, and greatly improving the looks of my hoo ha....which had unattractive loose skin (how embarrassing!). The skin from above the cut line was pulled down. I have a new belly button--I said good-bye to the 48 year old one that served me well Best of all, my displaced stomach muscles were repaired!

How about the pain? I don't know if this forum will let me print my answer....it can only be accurately described using VERY ugly words! It hurt like a MF. I'm sorry, I would tell the Pope the same thing. There is no point in misleading people. BUT!!! The drugs really help! I also think knowing what to expect is essential. Know what is coming at you and just deal with it. It really was do-able. Besides, after 5 days the pain is sooooo much better.

Now, here is the news I really want to share. The surgery was absolutely the right thing for me to do. It is helping me in so many ways....including my body image and maintenance. I am writing and exploring this as I spend my summer recuperating from the surgery. I will be happy to share this with any of you.

Finally, those of you who recognize me, know that I have been a type 1 diabetic for 26 years. I'll bet you are wondering how I am healing. Well...I hate to brag....but I am an belt lipectomy over-achiever! Yep, I am healing AHEAD of the curve! Isn't that amazing? I had my drains out after only 8-9 days!!!! The word from my surgeon's staff is that I am doing great and look much farther along than I really am. What can we attribute this to? Well, first of all I have a terrific group of people praying for me!!! One of these people pointed out that the level of protein in my VLC eating plan is probably helping. I'll bet she is right. I am also working very hard to keep my blood glucose levels in the normal range. I'm REALLY resting and following doctor's orders.....which is a little boring, so how's about writing a reply to this thread to help keep me occupied!!!
THANKS,
Princess Sara<><
Sponsored Links