View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 05:20

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

A few weeks ago, someone asked about NOOM on another LC forum. So I did a quick google and it led me to the NOOM site. They didn't have any helpful information on the main page, other than "no foods off limits!", and the claim that you could choose your diet.

When I clicked on choose your diet, they brought up a page with a single question on it - they wanted to know my goal weight first. Since when should the type of diet you choose be tied to your goal weight? I didn't bother to answer that question, so couldn't move on to the next question, which means I don't know what else they might have asked, but that seemed like a red flag all by itself.

One of the other things in that article was that people complained about was that the "coaching" the app provided tended to be robotic and repetitive, as if it was all programmed into the system.

I had also looked up the app in Google Play, and the teaser photos made it pretty clear that it was just another calories in/calories out diet program.

I feel bad for your co-workers that they've fallen prey to these vultures that claim you can choose your diet, set everyone up with a very unrealistically low calorie diet, provide automated "coaching" by robots, and then have the nerve to charge over $30/month for this service.