View Single Post
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 21:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

For me, it took actual physical pain to get me BACK on Atkins. Last October, I had to travel for business so I made two roundtrips from Orlando. One to Seattle and one to Colorado Springs. On my first flight out of Orlando I STOLE the seat extender because it was so humiliating to ask for that I didn't want to do it another eight times. I just slipped it into my purse, and would whip it out on each flight.

The humilation and look of dread in other passenger's faces (the oh I hope SHE isn't going to be seated by me and who can blame them) was bad enough. But the WORST part is that the seat hurt me and because it was too small, it hurt my back. I just hated it.

I realized that one of the things I love best is travel. I have always enjoyed flying. And now my weight was keeping me from flying for recreation.

On my last flight home, I left the STOLEN seat extender on that plane, and decided right then and there that I KNEW ATkins worked for me and I was not going to live like this. Now I am down 11 pounds and it is just the beginning of a big job. I am happy to be back! Orchid