View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-21-20, 21:32

Plan: General low-carb
Stats: 239/208/175 Female 5" 10"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for checking on me.

My hip feels like nothing was ever wrong. If anyone ever needs a replacement, the anterior approach is the ONLY way to go! This went even better than my first replacement. Apart from needing to get my stamina back after sitting around for months due to pain, I'm fit as a fiddle after only a week! No pain meds needed after surgery, great range of motion. Truly hip surgery is a modern miracle!

Interesting re: fasting. Due to the after effects of anesthesia, I basically fasted for a couple of days. That, I believe, offset the carbs I had eaten beforehand so it became a wash for me. (Thank goodness!) I do, however, believe low carb (and perhaps fasting at times) is a much healthier WOE for recovery. Without a "carb coma" I found it much easier to get out of the brain fog of anesthesia.

I didn't gain any weight over the past couple of weeks, but I certainly didn't lose any either. I'm back at it and am finding it easier to avoid temptation now that I am not in continual pain. Fingers crossed I get over this stall and start losing again. I'm anxious to get into the 100s club!

Sitkagal (Bronwyn)