#4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 08:53

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Well, there's a penetrating glimpse into the obvious.

Operative word here is "linked." If meat caused bowel cancer, I don't believe we would have thrived (or even survived) as a species.

Our newspaper has a food section. It is 99% devoted to vegan and plant-based recipes, restaurants, and lifestyle. I was amazed this past weekend to see an article on the first page of that section highlighting a food truck that serves meat-filled meals. I don't expect to see another one like it for a very long time.

Agreed, and I've put in bold the most important statement in the quote above. Most of these "findings" and "studies" are epidemiological which can merely associate the broad variety of foods eaten with the health issue; yet, meat (mostly red) is usually picked out of the lineup as the culprit. It's in vogue today to vilify meat and favor plant-based anything regardless of how unhealthy it might be to the individual. Unfortunately, some are learning that vegan, vegetarianism, and plant-based can be very damaging to health if certain measures aren't taken. Including meat as the primary protein source makes a diet much easier to manage without dependencies on the supplement science necessary to maintain one's trajectory toward a reasonably long life span.