View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 09:21

Plan: Keto
Stats: 201/200/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Halp! Nearly 60 and Type 2...can't even lose water weight!

Hello, all! I have been very-low-carbing (0-20 grams per day) for 4.5 weeks now. I had a diagnosis on April 18 of 5 times the normal liver enzymes (fatty liver) and a blood sugar A1C of 235...clearly rampant T2. In abject fear, I began low-carbing that very day. I am still very fearful of what I have done to myself with my high-sugar diet, and you can bet that I have not slipped up once in all that time.

Yet still, having gone into ketosis about 3 days into my efforts, and testing daily with ketostix (still purple!), my blood sugar is testing, at its lowest, at 170. I lost an initial 3 lbs, pretty sure was water weight, and now that is back on. I cannot lose even WATER WEIGHT.

I manage a warehouse, and assist with unloading freight trucks 2-3 times a week. I do not ever sit at work. I walk 12k to 15k steps a day, 5 days a week. For a nearly-60 yr old, I get quite a bit of exercise, and yet I have increased even that, to an aerobic dance session after work 5 days a week (20 mins--I am working on increasing that slowly) and 2-mile walks both weekend days.

Still. Not even an ounce of loss. My thyroid function has been tested as normal. My kidneys--normal. My water intake--3 to 4 liters a day. I take 1 500-mg Metformin (it's doing nothing but giving me extreme nausea). I take 750-1000 mg magnesium daily, 400 mcg Vitamin D, 1 baby aspirin, and Losartan with a diuretic for high blood pressure.

My question--where in heck is all the blood sugar even coming from, when I am not eating it? Why, with increased exercise, am I not using it up? What do I do next?? I'm frustrated but just cannot at present bump up my exercise routines any higher!

As I said, halp!
Sponsored Links