View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-16, 12:52

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

I set my original goal at 150 lbs, as that was my typical low-point during 35 years of yo-yo dieting. When I turned 50 I decided I would be happy at a weight I could achieve and maintain rather than alternate between starving (to try to get to an ideal weight of 130-135) and binging for the rest of my life. 150 was also chosen because it is below "overweight" for my height. Once I got to 150, I continued to tweak based on things I read on this site and recommended books, articles and links. Things like more fat, lower protein, no wheat, no grains, no legumes, no dairy. It was these tweaks that made the last 15 lbs fall off effortlessly (after 35 years of extreme effort and hunger on other diets, this was a revelation). I think those last 15 lbs were inflammation, not fat. To maintain I still have to limit myself to the foods that work for me, but occasionally indulge in off-plan foods on special occasions. I just get back to my LCHF plan with no inflammatory foods and let any gained water & fat come off on its own - I do not under-eat to the point of getting hungry, as hunger was what caused all previous diets to fail. Actually it is not my weight that makes me live like I am in premaintance, it is the other health improvements - no asthma, sinusitis, joint pain, brain fog, exhaustion, etc. that keep me on track.