View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 10:23

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi and Happy Monday

I will take the plunge and join you because my self-esteem is about as low as a snakes belly right now! I was married for 24 years to an an abusive, raging, womanizing alcoholic. He finally pushed me too far and I left my marriage. I took therapy and was doing just GREAT. A few years later I met a very nice man - gently, kind, considerate and we married after living together for about 6 years. For the first time in my life I discovered sex could be enjoyable. Then two years ago he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had to have his prostate out. Since then he's a changed man. I know this sounds unkind but the only comparrison I can give to explain the difference that any of you could understand is - when you get a male dog neutered.
My new husband is now withdrawn, has lost interest in almost everything - he sort of goes thru the motions but there is no "life" to him anymore. He went to the doctor for a prescription for Viagara but he can't be bothered to take it regularly and seems disinterested in sex and or affection. I have tried being the agressor, I have tried leaving him alonge, I have taken counceling to try and talk with him, I am at my wits end! He doesn't even want to give or receive affection - it is like we're room mates - totally asexual human beings living together. There used to be such a closeness and intimacy - but intimacy - what's that!
This is why I am desperate to talk with any other women and/or men who have had this operation so I can ask them "is this normal" and if it is "what can I do about it". I am 56 and have a relationship of an 80+ year old!

Any help anybody can give me would be much apprecaited. Thanks
Two years ago