#7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 09:40

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Thanks, Barbara
I am in my eighth decade myself.
I went back to Dr Michael Eades website and found 2 blog posts of his from 2009 on why it is so hard to do low carb the second time around (or the 3rd, 4th, etc) He got to talking about hormonal replacement therapy for post menopausal women. Also liver function -which also declines with age.
I am using the computer program Diet Power to keep me on a low carb track. I am not good at estimating carbs, so I need a way to double check.
This is the first time I have ever gained weight on monitored low carb - I usually just stay at one weight or lose - never gained before.
I am wondering though if I am eating enough protein - as I am not meeting the minimum/maximum suggested in NANY for a person my height.
Dr Eades said nothing about protein amounts in his "second time around" blog. He did suggest protein shakes instead of meals, as a way to trigger weight loss - kind of like his 6 Week Cure book. There are now low carb shakes on the market with 5 gm or less of carbs and 30 gm of protein. Maybe I should try those for a week and see what happens.
I am not worried about protein affecting my kidneys since I read the research on the Masai who eat nothing but protein and they have no kidney disease at all.
Thanks again