#24   ^
Old Sat, May-12-18, 07:23

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
I strongly believe following a strict LC/KD approach has a lot to do with being able to manage inflammation among other things.

It turned out the key to my serious illness was inflammation. Addressing inflammation fixed my sleep, my appetite, my moods, and my fatigue.

If you look at what happens when our blood sugar is constantly goosed by fast-acting carbs, you see what was happening to me from other means; cortisol dumped into the bloodstream activates more insulin and more fat storage and... more cortisol.

Quote:
However, this effect is seen even within the normal population, without evidence of Cushing’s syndrome. In a random sample from North Glasgow, Scotland, cortisol excretion rates were strongly correlated to Body Mass Index (BMI) and waist measurements. Higher cortisol levels were seen in heavier people. Cortisol related weight gain particularly deposits fat in the abdomen, which results in an increased waist/hip ratio (WHR). This weight distribution of fat in the abdomen is more dangerous to the health than generalized fat.

https://idmprogram.com/closer-look-...l-obesity-xxxx/

We now know, or should, that inflammation is a marker of metabolic syndrome and the host of chronic illnesses which follow.