View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 15:43

Plan: Organic, Raw Foods
Stats: 176/138/117 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 64%

My transition to raw continues.

I eat simply and make lots of smoothies. They satisfy me. I have green smoothies mainly for breakfast and a banana/peanut butter/almond milk "ice cream" smoothie (my non-raw extravagance) for lunch. With watermelon in season right now, I am eating them daily. Once a week I take myself out for breakfast and splurge with a veggie and cheese omelet. Most suppers are green smoothies again, or veggies to munch on.

My next purchase will probably be a dehydrator so I can branch out a bit. But, for now I am happy with how I am eating. The biggest problem has been traveling. I have been able to freeze my green smoothies, put them in the cooler, and defrost them when I am ready. That has worked out fine.

Social events have been a real challenge. People don't like it when you don't eat like they do . There are no natural food stores (like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's) anywhere near us, nor any raw restaurants. This is a whole new ballgame (it was to me too just a year ago!). But, I am learning as I go, and I have discovered that I need to be happy with my food plan, and everything else will fall into place...and, I have lost 21 pounds so far This is a lifestyle, not just a way to eat

Kathy