View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 22:41

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi and great to have you all onboard.

I have been following the programe for all of 2006 (started xmas eve - yes i'm insane) and initially i had an increadible result. I lost very quickly but stalled also after 4 weeks. That really is more to do with my thyroid. It is however starting to move again and i guess i was tempting fate by having the odd cheat here or there. So now i'm cheat free and the loss is slowly but surely happening again. main point is during my stall i never gained!

Dinahb
The basics of the program (somersizing anyway oh and montignac which i suspect somers stole it from anyway!) are that you are alowed to eat fruit, veg, and selected meats, fats and grains. sugars and high starch foods are out. Foods are divided into specific groups and you must not combine the groups.

The alowable groups are:
fruits
vegies
carbs (whole grain)
fats/protiens

Out are:
sugars, starches, white anything, potatoes corn etc and some badly combined foods such as liver, avocado coz they have carbs and fats.

It's all about insulin release and if you are eating insulin realeasing foods then you don't include fats in your meal.

so....
You must have fruit alone (not with any other group) and always on an empty stomach. at least 3 hours after eating or upon rising. After fruit you need to wait an hour before having another food group.

Carbs/Whole grains can be eaten with legal vegies but NO fat

Protiens are grouped with fats are ok with legal vegies

If you have eaten a carb meal you must wait 3 hours before changing to a protien meal and visa versa.

You need to drink a lot of water and are encouraged not to skip meals. There are no calories or carbs to count and you eat until you are satisfied. No piggin out though LOL

Snacks are fine as long as you don't cross into the different groups
eg if you had a carb lunch you wouldn't be able to have a piece of cheese unless it was 3 hours after.

Personally i have stayed away from the carb meals coz i am so metabolicaly resistant.

There are also some other variants with dairy. i don't drink milk so it doesn't effect me too much but it goes like this:

butter cream cheese etc are protiens coz the carbs are non existent
non fat dairy products are in the carb group
low fat is out because it's carbs with some fat

I borrow the books from the local library but i've borrowed it so many times i'm thinking i should buy it. I love the foods they are delicious and the variety is as broad as your imagination so it doesn't feel like a diet of depravation but a new way of life.

I agree with the others if nothing else my digestion is greatly improved.

kashmiere just to warn you that you may have headaches early on because you will be sugar detoxing. Drink lots of water and hang in there coz it's worth it.

I am looking forward to staying in touch and hearing everyone's progress.