View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-12, 11:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/225.2/150 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quietone, I'm glad to hear that you didn't gain from them and they helped quickly. I start day after tomorrow and hope they work for me too. My doctor did tell me that it's somewhat of a guessing game, that each woman needs her prescription and dosages tailored to her. Which, unfortunately, means trial and error.

I didn't know what to expect. None of the other women in my family have started this as early as me and none of them seem to have had the severity of symptoms I've had.

Part of my fear comes from what happened to me when I took birth control pills years ago, for 6 months. I packed on the weight very quickly and was never able to budge a pound again until I found Atkins. I lost a lot, then started regaining it after 3 years. Nothing stopped it until I went on the progesterone. So I think the regain was also related to hormones. My doctor told me this shouldn't affect me, that it's a very low dose of estrogen and won't act like birth control. But with my history, I'm still wary of it all.