View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-07, 13:22

Plan: Atkins Phase I/CCLL = 40
Stats: 187/165/135 Female 65 inches
BF:?%/30%/25%
Progress: 42%
Default Convert to Somersizing

I have recently converted to Somersizing from the Atkins plan. So far, its seems to work so much better for me. I used to contribute to the Atkins board and had to say my goodbyes for a couple of reasons but mainly because I got hooked on it. :-)

I am hoping to find some support and info here while Somersizing. I am going to try to keep my activity on the board in check and use moderation. LOL ... We will see if I can do this.

I always felt like such a party pooper on the Atkins board because everyone was always so happy that they had found a way to eat that they could maintain forever that made them feel great. I just never felt great on the Atkins plan and I am still not sure why I never did. I do feel good somersizing. I think because it is based more on the Glycemic Index than the omission of carbs. This diet is working for me... (a little more slowly than Atkins did) but nevertheless, I feel good and that is worth the slower rate of weight loss for me.

While I am enjoying finally finding my place in the low carb world, I am also embarking on a difficult phase of my transition ... getting off of caffeine.

I did some of my own research over the weekend and realized (reluctantly) that there really is a good reason to give it up as suggested by Suzanne and also Dr Atkins. It makes your insulin levels wacky! So... starting to do half decaf today. I am hoping to remove it from my diet within 2 weeks.

Anybody else going through this or have any advice to me. :-)
Sponsored Links