View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 03:47

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I was struck by #2 also...just make it to two years! The study had some interesting observations in it, but it was all based on the National Weight Loss Registry at Brown. So of course at the end, because of the way that study is designed to never accept you can lose weight by eating high fat, their conclusions are:

Quote:
Findings from the registry suggest six key strategies for long-term success at weight loss: 1) engaging in high levels of physical activity; 2) eating a diet that is low in calories and fat; 3) eating breakfast; 4) self-monitoring weight on a regular basis; 5) maintaining a consistent eating pattern; and 6) catching “slips” before they turn into larger regains. Initiating weight loss after a medical event may also help facilitate long-term weight control.

Annually, I write the lead researcher, explain why my answers would not make sense in the context of their low fat world (I don’t do four of the six strategies above) but they are stuck with the study design. At least he reads my emails and answers..he is well aware of the Paleo/LC/Keto way of maintaining weight loss.

Like you, LC lets me control the "What The Hell Effect" (my favorite tip) Natural almond or peanut butter has to go in the fridge anyway, so hide it in the back behind something else. And for the first time in seven years, I made peanut butter cookies for Christmas. I can take out 1 to defrost and leave the rest in the freezer, and know that would not be possible with Oreos.