View Single Post
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-09, 21:00

Plan: Atkins / High-Fat
Stats: 168/149/138 Female 5' 8"
BF:size: 12/10/8
Progress: 63%

Wow, it was really interesting to read everyone's "moments" and see how varied they are.

I remember the moment I realized I had gotten fat. I put on weight at puberty, and at age 14, I was standing outside my school waiting to be picked up, saw myself reflected in the glass doors, and realized I was bursting out of my jeans. I went from buying size 6 or 8 pants to buying 12s!

I have always been a "healthy" eater (people always comment on it), and I've wavered from religiously committed to extremely negligent regarding exercise, but I remained the same size and shape for all of high school and college. The highest number I've ever seen on a scale was around 180.

My last couple months of college were extremely demanding and I had no time to exercise, and my weight was around 168. The day my last class ended, I committed to losing weight. Basically, I finished school and had way more free time, I figured I had no excuse not to get healthy. My older sister is extremely overweight, and I'm terrified of ending up in her shoes. After 1 month of unimpressive loss from low-cal diet/running, I stumbled across "What if it's all been a Big Fat Lie?" by Gary Taubes online...got a copy of DANDR... and now I think I'll be firmly committed to limiting carbs for the rest of my life. I really like it.