Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 08:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- Your trip sounds amazing!!!! Have you ever been to Savannah? I lived there for 6 months about 3 years ago before I moved to Greenville. If you look to the left right before you get to the bridge to cross to Tybee there is an apt complex by the river. I lived there. I would walk Bella and watch the shrimp boats coming and going so cool. I know you are going to go to Tybee!!!!!
So as far as parking goes- you are SO RIGHT about parking downtown/ River street. However there is a bus that runs the length of all the streets. So you COULD park in a shopping center and take the bus to River Street. Then EVERYTHING sorta like Charleston is within walking distance!
You will want to see the shops "down town". There is also a fabulous silversmith, who creates her own Jewelry at a great price right across the street from Paula Deans restaurant. By the way- Her place is fun to browse- not LC at all. I had a glass of wine on the top floor and skipped the food.

Also on the OTHER side of River street is shops as well- top and bottom. Don't forget those. They also have the "hunted" cemetery tours. There is also a place I would eat that had great seafood- it is called LOVES- it is on the outskirts. It's where the locals eat. Better prices. Overlooks the river and is priced right. Again- it is where the locals go.
I can't wait for you to go! It is beautiful there! LOVED it there. I was offered a job there- I was there on a temp assignment. I didn't like the job, or the Hospital. I finished my assignment and left. It however was really fun while I was there.
The smell there is something though I never go used to. Savannah is one of the largest ports for barges. It is a WORKING portal city. It also has a paper mill upstream. Just something I noticed.
I bet you are are very excited. I know that you will have a GREAT time!

Sorry you got that sinus thing going on! Is there anything you could do long term like a noses spray as a preventative to keep the sinus away? There are some good steroidal sprays you can do at the turns of the seasons to keep you healthy!

NIC- I am so happy you are sharing your vacay with us! Love the pic's. Basilica is just BREATH TAKING. I bet in person it is even more stunning! I just love you are just kicking it and having a great time! Tons of walking for you too! I know you are having fun!

BLUE- You know I get being spent at the end of the day! That was me too yesterday. I am glad you put down your "DOT"- to mark your spot. I did the same thing! But I am hopeful you slept well and are rearing to go this morning!
How are you doing on your WOE?

LORI- You are running again! YAY on you! I KNOW you are going to get that lift you need! I think you will be so happy you are doing that.
I got the Garmin from the Garmin website directly. they have different models. So find the one that "fits" you. I will be interested in what you get!
How is the WOE going?
You weren't in struggle mode!- that is good!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Well- I think I know why I was SO wiped out yesterday. I woke up with a sore throat. I think it is drainage. I can tell that fall is around the corner. It's still hot and Humid and humid and humid. BUT something about the trees look different. They are losing that deep lush green to a pale green. I do love the change of season. We are ROLLING through Aug at warp speed- July came and went. We will be in full fall activities before we know it. I am ready for it!!!!
Fall is my favorite time of year. Love to hike and see the fall leaves. Have a trip planned in Oct. Not sure where I am going yet- But have already put in some time 3nd week. The leaves should be in full color! Still deciding- just a couple days.

About the ticket- I just expect a ticket. I speed every day. hate to admit it but I do. I am a fast driver. I am "that driver". You know the one that passes everything on the road. So for me- It just is my contribution to the city to keep the cops employed! I am however hoping I can talk the judge down in points- for my insurance. 3 points to be exact. Top that with my accident in March- my rates have doubled. It will slow me down for a minute! Last speeding ticket I got was 7 years ago- so I am long over due! ............ I will pay it and move on......

Treadmill is a definite YES! - took me a lot of back and forth. I will be ordering one today. I am getting either the Nordic track, or Proform. Just not sure the model. It is an investment in me. I used one when I had one! Used it for users until I wore the tread off the belt. so yes- It will be used.

The date- I cancelled due to a sore throat. Left a mess on his VM. And backed it up with a text. Told him I would take a rain check when I was feeling better. I really don't think I will though. No offense but he is 66. doesn't look it. But still. I had a nice conversation with him as well yesterday- sorta a predate get to know you over the phone. He was married once for 3 years- and not since- no kids. We don't have much in common. He is sweet as can be, really is. But I thought he was in the same age group as me. I prefer old guys- but that is a bit over the top. Met him actually at Kroger. He works the CHEESE department! He introduced me to goat cheese. We have been sorta flirty for a month. He also works real-estate as a broker as well. He holds 2 jobs, but is looking to retire this year when his Medicare kicks in. I am not even thinking that yet. I am starting my 3 career. Different places. Funny- cheese man!!!!

I did bare minimum for school yesterday. I did my responses for the posts. But today I NEED to put my NOSE to the grind and write a 10 page paper. I have the outline ready- know what I am going to write about. Have done all the writing. I just now need to sit down and DO IT. Then I need to submit it for a preview to a writing team- they will make suggestions- then I will make corrections, and then submit. That is my game plan today!

I have a pork roast in the oven low and slow for 6 hours. Picked up butt roast for .99cents a pound. The cheapest one I could find was 8 bucks= 8 pounds. I put a dry rub on it and wrapped it in foil and in it went. It should be ready by 3- then will sit and rest for 30 mints- them I will shred it and put it in romaine leaves and top with LC BBQ sauce and homemade coleslaw, sprinkle goat cheese on top! All for under 4-5 carbs total- one meal a day.

Love the smell of something good in the oven all day. I am back to doing the invited fasting. The weekends are very easy. Taking Trigs- suggestion regarding really TOP quality foods for the first week- to get totally back into the LC train. you know if was shocking how one day, one lunch, turned into a 4 day bender that was hard to pull back from. My weight bounced up 5 pounds to show for it.
Back on it- day 3 now- on track! Feeling better. the pork will be great. I am also going to steam some shrimp for "snacking" IF I need it.

Ok- ladies- off to write!