View Single Post
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-07, 04:16
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

I just had an interesting observation about stress. I read the posts on the Java thread first. My friend over there has the most activity packed day I've read in a while. She begins her day with exercise and moves constantly throughout. I felt tired just reading it....and guilty too, since I like to start my day with coffee, computer, and quiet.

Next, I came over here and read the relaxation ideas. I immediately felt better...and rejuvenated. Isn't that interesting? It sure shows what I already know about myself. I am so prone to guilt and self-blame...and I can pick up stress from multiple mediums.

I have been feeling stress in my body in strange ways. My lower belly swells like crazy from a stress-filled day. Lately, my left wrist has been killing me. I am pretty sure it is from the way I hold books. I am making an effort not to bring my pinkie forward while holding a book. This means that I have had to start using a chart stand to hold the presentation book for my daily reading instruction. Then, yesterday my right ankle had a pain. It started the evening before. I had worn relatively low flip flops all day. My achilles tendon is short because I wear heels all of the time. So I wore heels yesterday and feel fine today. Do you see that all of my recent injuries are Princess Pains? How ridiculous. My lifestyle of heels, books, and plastic surgery is hazardous. I am planning on cutting back on the nuts and increasing the fluids even more this week. Reducing inflammation, don't cha know.

I am all packed for the beach this morning. The animals' travel habitats are prepared. My wonderful man will be the one to take them to their boarding places. I will get my nails done right after work and then we are off to the Gulf Coast. I should be walking on the beach by sunset. I will begin my walking program this weekend. I will start with walking on the weekends and after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will give myself Monday to stay late and get things done. I have set up to have alternating manicures and pedicures after work on Fridays. This gives me stress reduction every Friday. Wednesdays I drive my friend to radiation. When she is finished with her treatments, I will make Mondays and Wednesdays my late days.....and reduce the amount of work I take home with me. The new "ladies" gym will open in the next month or so. That will give me more workout options.

I'm sure the ideal thing would be for me to get up and exercise in the very early morning. That isn't right for me. I need to have my relaxed morning time to "get it up" for the day. I'm sure it would be better if I exercised every day. But, that isn't realistic either. I feel stress if my work mounts up too much. I am trying to be honest with myself....give myself room to succeed.

And, oh yeah....let's keep brainstorming on stress reduction.
Thanks friends!!!
Sara<><