#34   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 06:50

Plan: Low Carb + JUDD
Stats: 205/204/150 Female 5 foot 7
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Being in your late 40's is when perimenopause starts... night sweats, hot flashes, irregular periods. Believe me you are on the right diet. I was trying to be vegetarian in my 40's and not getting enough protein. I ended up putting on 50 lbs total. I was a chub. Now I'm very close to my goal weight and its all because of low carb. It's the only diet that works for me and I have to live like this forever. Can't go off it. But who would wan to? It's so nice to be able to have a pan fried steak with the pan fat poured all over it.. (mushrooms too) and nice vegetable sides. So much better than low fat cardboard crap right?

I agree that low carb is better - I've eaten some version of low-carb for almost 20 years. Difference being sometimes I slack off and make full-carb biscuits once a month, or eat a cheeseburger+fries at a fast food place once a month, or go to a chinese buffet once a month. Other than that, my only carbs come from veggies, seeds, nuts, cheese and cream. With the occasional handful of peanuts. But even THAT is too much, and I gain weight.
I'm dying without coffee+ cream, and cheese, and a few almonds now and then... and about deciding that I'll just enjoy my low-carb lifestyle and give up on losing weight. I know the skinny chicks say 'nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' but obviously they've never eaten my cooking. HAHA.
I feel like I've given up so much already, it feels unfair that I have to give up cream and cheese and nuts TOO! I used to just sit and nosh on straight meat all day, and was fine with it, but now I guess I'm too stubborn or something. LOL.