View Single Post
  #177   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 08:27

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

Hi Everyone! Nice thread! I think many can relate to this thread. I am one to self-sabotage every weekend, like most. I do fine during the week, but come the weekend, I have 3 small girls home, my husband ( who drives semi all week), and they want to eat all the wrong foods, and do all the wrong things that seem to interfer with my plan! No excuse, I don't have to fall into it, but I do 8 out of 10 times!
Like most, I just have to fiqure a way to include myself with my family, on the weekends, without having to follow them to my self-sabotage downfalls.
Hopefully, which I doubt, as the weather changes so will their eating habits, and their activities. More outside activities that will not include bad foods and bad choices when they do eat!
I think the easiest way to prevent this from happening is to quit finding ways in our heads to make it all look good. Examples~Ok, I will do this for one day, and if it effects my weight, I will get strict through the week again! (you don't succeed this way, up and down, up and down!). or, One day a week is not going to hurt, everyone else does it! (again this does not work either!).
Or the really good one I use~Feeling sorry for yourself. I can not eat like this everyday, I miss the good stuff, and I have to have it occasionally. Eating like this is hard! (It is hard, and we do all miss the old way of eating, I don't think anyone can honestly say they don't, but we are after a goal, and falling off at anytime is all part of self-sabotage. So, I think we all just have to be stronger, and more committed to losing. If you don't become more committed, no one loses but US! And I don't mean weight!