View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-19, 12:06

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I sure understand your frustration. I’ve been “maintaining” for 10 years now, but still at a weight *100* pounds (minimum) of where I would like to be and nothing seems to budge it. I like to say I e lost 100 pounds, but my weight does yo-yo a lot over about a 15-pound range of 90-105 pounds lost. Over time carb creep sets in and I gain a bit. Then as my weight creeps up a bit I remember my vow, when I finally dropped below 300 pounds, that I would never see that number on the scale again. And I drop my carbs and the pounds come off, but as soon as I hit the bottom of that 15-pound swing it’s like crashing into a brink wall and there I sit no matter what diet hack I try.

At the beginning of March I was up to about 285, close to the top of my swing, so I chose Lent as a good time to start with a strict Keto diet. I even went and bought a Keto Mojo blood ketone monitor to certify my Keto status. I’ve also been incorporating some fasting-not long fasts but 18:6 days and 20:4 days. Weight was 274 this morning so inching down again. But now I’m nearly at the bottom of my 15-pound swing so this is where the weight always stops moving, even if I stay with my eating pattern.

So who knows? Tomorrow is my birthday and I’ll be 67. No clue about hormone status. I was off my thyroid pills for quite a long time and only just got a prescription again a few weeks ago. I know TSH is not the best thyroid indicator but I know a TSH of 31 (from blood tests a few weeks ago) is still not good! There are just so many damn moving parts and I admit I occasionally feel a slight tug of bitterness towards folks who seemed to glide down to their goal weight - though I don’t begrudge them their good fortune. But I do think ladies “of a certain age” just seem to have a tougher time of it.