#53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-14, 04:11

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniMin
What's the difference between the 2 diets, and which one do you prefer? Just curious.

In 2007, I managed to lose 80 pounds following PP. It took a seemingly long time but I finally made it to goal. PP is (or was) more liberal on protein (although they made recommendations on the amount of protein per meal based upon a calculated lean body mass--but I paid no attention to that) and was constantly cautioning against too much fat. No more than this many eggs in a meal or no more than this much cheese as they contain too much fat. Like Atkins, they suggested a gradual increase in carbs after goal had been reached. (I did not pay any attention to that advice.) Except for the cautions on eating too much fat, the 2 programs are much alike.

Ignore the 6 week cure . 2 weeks of shakes are a pain and the rest of the book is just repetition. I go back to the original Protein Power now and again, just as I go back to the original Atkins. The Protein Power Life Plan , like the New Atkins for a New You is more flexible in that it acknowledges that people are different and you can choose a plan more suited to your own desires and metabolism.

The Eades have an ongoing blog discussing current research and whatever interests Dr Mike. Dr Mary Dan uses her blog for cooking.

Today, the 2 plans are much alike. They are just presented differently. Both offer valuable information and advice. For those of us who struggle to loose, expanded sources of support and information is helpful.