View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-19, 08:17

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

Yeah, I was prepared to see my triglycerides be screwed up because of the weight loss...

I haven't been hitting the gym like I should this past month, but am doing everything else.

We're 5 months into LC -- started on Nov. 1, after the Celiac test was over. Last lipid panel was mid-Nov, and she was alarmed... but I knew going LC would fix a lot of it.

In the past, my lipids always looked great, but I'd consistently hear, "Your HDL is low, but overall it looks great so I wouldn't worry".

In the past 8 months, I've had 3 doctors VERY concerned about my low HDL. And now I see why....

My HDL is 28.

I can't remember the last time I drank alcohol. (Oh, wait... 1//4 glass of wine on Thanksgiving!) I literally cannot eat more fat than I do (for reasons that should be obvious -- the more fat you eat, the less you can eat, and I'm ALREADY on a HF diet!) and I'm doing the IF fairly often. (At this point, hubby asks me on a daily basis if I'm going to eat, before he makes coffee. So he knows whether to make me "breakfast coffee" or just regular.)

IF is part of how I manage the depression-fueled days when I just want to eat. (This isn't hunger, it's depression. And my world has been a little too chaotic this month to take care of myself in that regard. The depression tells you to do all kinds of stuff, and eating is one of them. Being able to tell the depression, "I can't eat. I'm fasting today," has been really helpful. Really need to find a counselor again & deal with some of the depression, but I need TIME for that, which won't happen until next week.)

But seriously... IF. I typically go for 2 days, at least once a week. After that, I'm happy enough to eat, but I'm still really only hungry for about one meal a day... Usually lunch, and then dinner looks like a snack (for me) eaten with the family. Every once in a while, I have a really hungry day where I eat more... but even when I'm not fasting, I'm "almost" fasting, I swear!

Guess I need to hit the gym more... that's literally all that's left to raise it.