#1123   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-19, 12:14

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Hi CityGirl, how are you doing back on PP? Adding fasting now? Did you recently find the Dr Fung/secret fasting thread? The resources he freely shares are so helpful even without diabetes.

Hi! Yes, I found the secret thread when I was searching the forum. I'm experimenting with some IF. I've always tended to be a breakfast skipper (at least until 10:30 or 11:00); when I'm really focused on eating right, I've always made myself eat breakfast, because I thought I was supposed to.

Anyway, I started doing 16:8 a week or so ago and I'm going to start throwing in some 24s. I'm working from home these days, but typically when I've been in an office occasionally I'd miss breakfast and be too busy for lunch, so I'd only eat dinner. I remember that not killing me. My plan is to try some 36- or 40-hour fasts, eventually. I don't see the appeal or benefit for me right now of doing any extended fasts, but who knows?

My goals or the benefits I see for me (as a 'woman of a certain age') are boosting human growth hormone and collagen, autophagy, and boosting weight loss. In the past, if I lost a pound a week it was a celebration, so I'd like to see if this helps keep things ticking along above 1.5 lbs. a week. I also have a long history of diabetes in my family. Although I generally eat a low-ish carb diet (even when I'm not truly eating on plan), my glucose tests have all been around 97-99 the last few years with and A1C of 5.5 (and estimated average glucose of 111), so I'm just staving off pre-diabetes. God knows what it would be if I ate a traditional SAD.