View Single Post
  #128   ^
Old Tue, May-05-20, 03:28
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I did a pretty good job on the freezer yesterday. We were just about out of salsa, so I wrote it on the shopping list... then literally slapped myself on the forehead because I already had diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro (we just mentioned that in the gardening thread, Arielle), garlic, lemon juice and jalapenos to be used up. Duh. So I cooked up a good sized batch of salsa. It was so good, I could have filled myself up just standing there taste-testing it. I'd still love to have cilantro growing in the garden, but frozen cilantro works fine for cooked salsa.

...so I guess I'll just put pork rinds on the shopping list instead.

Then for dinner, I made that pizza casserole. I found a container of Italian sausage in tomato sauce and mixed that with about a cup of LC pizza sauce. I let it simmer on the stove until it was really thick. Sauteed some green peppers from the freezer - again, trying to get rid of as much water as possible. I put the sausage/sauce mix and peppers in the casserole dish, added a layer of cheese, the aforementioned ancient pepperoni thawed and blotted of moisture, then the rest of the cheese. Baked it at 350F until the cheese was browning. It was awesome - very rich and filling. I have two more servings; I could barely finish 1/3 of it.