View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-19, 13:39

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

As someone whose entire childhood was spent being overweight, I think I can say that I would probably have jumped at the opportunity to try this app out at first. I would have tried anything if I could be convinced that it would help, and that I was capable of achieving it. An app tracker? Sure!

But then, I imagine it would have taken me maybe two days or so before I would have given up on it. Why? Because with the benefit of hindsight, I know it wouldn't have made a damned difference. Rather than having people always telling me about how I was eating wrong, I'd just be lectured by an app about it instead. It's as if those people are tired of repeating their messages over and over without result, but now there's an app does their job for them. Hooray for them, I guess?

Of course, what all of those people failed to realise was that it wasn't my fault that I wasn't able to respond to their advice, and this has since been proven by my ability to be able to respond to something different, i.e. low carb. The real fault lay with the nature of the advice itself. And if the advice itself is wrong, then it doesn't matter how that bad advice might be dispensed. Whether it comes from a human being or an app, becomes completely irrelevant.

Whoever stands to benefit from an app like this, it sure as hell ain't going to be its target audience.