View Single Post
  #130   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:38

Plan: Atkins, Daily Cardio, Some weight training, Pillates & Yoga
Stats: // Female 5'8.5
BF:25.5%
Progress:

Hi Terri and thanks for thinking of us!

I lost and gained more times than I can count. The first time I gained alot of weight was at 29 when I first became pregnant, stopped working, quit smoking, and had sugar cravings like you read about. How I wish I knew about this WOE thru both my pregnancies - it would have been healthier for me and the babies! Both thank you God my children were 100% healthy albeit chubby babies.
It took 2 years of continuous exercise and (painfully) giving up the foods I love ..then in one month it just all came off ....a lb a day...it was strange but I'm not sure my body was ready to give up the extra 40 lbs. until that time?!?
Then my second child came 9 years later and at age 38 I put on 70 lbs. with that pregnancy. Since then my dd is now 6 I have lost 20+ lbs and gained 4 times. The last attempt I was doing so incredibly well....I was exerciing daily, watching carbs, taking my supplements, doing my yoga and then boom on the way to the gym I was thrown off my bike, right over the handle bars. I broke my arm and had a bump on my head that I still have! I was very lucky I wasn't hurt worse tho. After the doc told me I couldn't exercise for 6 weeks...I was mad I could have walked and I did a bit but I ate my frustration away and gained it all back. This time I'm praying nothing happens ...the 3 other attempts a major crisis happend I won't bore you with now....but I almost feel like the universe is sabotaging me right when I'm about to get close to goal. Or maybe I bring it on? This time I'm convinced I will make health and fitness a way of life !