View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-15, 09:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5 3"
BF:
Progress:

[QUOTE=msmum1977]Beanless chili for me today with some celery sticks. Sparkling water.[/QUO.

Have you tried cocoa chilie?? Yum!!!!! I used this when doing Whole30.
I am not promising the carb counts....you might want to re-figure....but this is awesome!!!!

Chocolate Chili

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons coconut oil

2 medium onions, diced (about 2 cups) – 18 – use 1 and green onions 1 carb a piece/no sugar…. – 6 plus + 9 for onion is 15

Anaheim peppers – 6 carbs

Adobo - 4 carbs

4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons) - 6 carbs

2 pounds ground beef - more

1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves

2 tablespoons chili powder - 4 carbs

2 tablespoons ground cumin

1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa - 6 (I use more cocoa and I don't think this carb count is correct....)

1 teaspoon ground allspice

1 teaspoon salt

1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste -25 – don’t use if this carb count is correct….stick with adobo and substitute with avocado – 3 carbs for avacado!!!

If you want it a little redder, you can use some low carb ketchup as the sweet ingredient.

1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted, chopped tomatoes - 9

1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth

1 cup water

Directions:

1. Heat a large, deep pot over medium-high heat, then add the coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add onions, stir with a wooden spoon and cook until they’re translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and as soon as it’s fragrant, about 30 seconds, crumble the ground meat into the pan with your hands, mixing with the wooden spoon to combine. Continue to cook the meat, stirring often, until it’s no longer pink.

2. In a small bowl, crush the oregano between your palms to release its flavor, then add the chili powder, cumin, cocoa, allspice, and salt. Combine with a fork, then add to the pot, stirring like you mean it. Add tomato paste and stir until combined, about 2 minutes.

3. Add the tomatoes with their juice, beef broth, and water to the pot. Stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat so the chili enjoys a gentle simmer. Simmer uncovered for at least two hours. Do not skimp on the simmer! Serve in deep bowls with big spoons.