Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightnow
I reread this whole thread.

Things still wandering around the back of my head:

WHY does Niacin... do... something... with fat?

WHAT specifically is it doing?

To what end?

Does the AMOUNT of fat in the body* before/during/after the ingestion of niacin, affect anything?

Like flush? I mean 'degree' of it?

* I mean like:

a/ Fat in the bloodstream at the time
b/ Fat stored in the body

How does the flush (I watched the video linked above) relate to the fat thing??

Is there anything non-harmful one can take that would reduce the quantity of... progesteglandinish things?

Tek (my body-archetype), in a dream -- TWICE (two dreams separated by months) no less! -- referred to my homemade "micro-emulsified/liposomal vitamin C" (sunflower lecithin + ascorbic) as "The liver food and repair juice." This leads me to wonder if the lecithin part of this supp would be perfect for taking with niacin. Well, and of course the ascorbic which is already a recommendation.

If niacin is an amino acid... which one? One that we don't have on our normal list?

PJ

The most direct effect on lipids seems to be related to the maybe misnamed nicotinic acid receptor. This receptor decreases lipolysis in fat cells, and the ketone beta hydroxybutyrate is also a ligand. So--a feedback when ketones hit a certain level that decreases break down of fat sort of makes sense when during fasting, a ketogenic diet etc. part of the "purpose" of lipolysis is to supply fatty acids for the production of ketones. So you get a temporary decrease in free fatty acids, but then a little while later a rebound to higher than you started--while free fatty acids were low, growth hormone increases, a lack of available free fatty acids/glucose in the blood tends to drive growth hormone up.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2779993/

This goes into detail, the same receptors that affect lipolysis also affect production of eicosanoids--those little pixies produced from essential fatty acids that Barry Sears was always going on about--that trigger the flushing response. I think some of the anti-inflammatory effect I used to get when my shoulder was more of a problem might have just been similar to what you get from applying heat or cold. That might explain why I kept having to cycle off of it, as I got more and more resistant to the flushing effect.

Also makes me wonder about keto rash, since beta hydroxybutyrate is also a ligand for that same receptor.