View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-19, 11:06

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Post Chaffles recipes thread

Can we have a thread for Chaffles recipes? (Please add your own.)

A chaffle is a low-carb / keto friendly waffle made of one scrambled egg and a sprinkling of shredded cheese, which is the standard 'base' recipe. You will need a mini personal waffle maker, which you can find at amazon for about $10 shipped. I just got mine and made my first chaffle and OMG I am hooked now!

To make the original chaffle, you need only 2 ingredients: About one ounce of your preferred shredded cheese, and one egg, beaten. Heat up your mini waffle machine and spray it with oil when it is hot. Sprinkle on half of your shredded cheese onto the griddle. (This layer of cheese on each side, which touches the hot griddle, is what gives it a crunchy finish, YUM!) Pour in the beaten egg. Sprinkle on remaining cheese and close the lid. You'll know it's ready when there is a brown crispy look to it. That's it! Make 2 and you have 'bread' for whatever you like!

I'm thinking of all of the different kinds of chaffles we we can make, from savory 'breads' to sweet desserts. They make a great piece of 'bread' for just about anything. BLT's, Ham Sandwiches, Burgers.... even as just a sweet dessert item, like cinnamon sugar chaffles. Chaffle-churros!

So here goes:

Pumpkin Chaffles: (Makes 2 chaffles)

1/2 oz Cream cheese
1 large Egg
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
2 tbsp Pumpkin puree
2 1/2 tbsp Erythritol
3 tsp Coconut flour
1/2 tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
1/4 tsp Baking powder (optional)

Mix everything together. Heat up your waffle maker, and spray it with oil after it's hot. Pour in half the ingredients. When no more steam comes out, it's done. Continue with remaining batter. That's it!

Garlic Parmesan Chaffles:

1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/3 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
1 large Egg
1 clove Garlic (minced; or use 1/2 clove for milder garlic flavor)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp Baking powder (optional)

Mix everything together and pour into hot waffle griddle that you have sprayed with oil.

Chocolate Oreo Chaffles

INGREDIENTS

1 Egg
1 1/2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
2 tbsp sf sweetener
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
1 tsp Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla

FILLING

Whipped Cream made by mixing some heavy whipping cream which you've added your favorite sweetener to. Make 2 chocolate chaffles and spread this inside like a giant Oreo, or just make 1 chaffle and top it with this whipped filling.
Sponsored Links