View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-19, 10:31

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

41 days down..1st full month down. I lost 5 lbs in the 1st 10 days, and then 5 lbs in the last 31 days. Reasonable for my approach to low carb, which is big salads, protein, eggs, cheese and nuts. I have not allowed myself any deviation since April 20 (yes, Chef Ron, I resisted the chocolate cupcakes, although that was a struggle).

What have I changed over the 40 days...I have added in low carb beer, 1 a day (2.6 grams carbs). That's pretty much it. I keep meat in the fridge to cook up, and heads of iceberg lettuce to quarter, and I add whatever else is available to enhance the salad (cucumbers, olives, avocado, red onion, mushroom, an occasional cherry tomato, walnuts, cheese ). Breakfast is almost always 2 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon, but I have been adding a cheese stick lately. Dinner is what the wife prepares, or meat for me if she is having pasta. I snack some, but not a lot. I could probably graze on nuts to excess, but I always just grab 5-8 nuts and move on to avoid that.

Still working out with my son....still realizing that I am not 21 any more:-)

There are some challenges coming up. The 1st is that I love blueberries, and I have 10 blueberry bushes that are going to be getting ripe soon (I found 3 blueberries ripe enough last night). I will have to control myself. 2nd is that I have a guys weekend coming up, and I may stray off plan for the 1.5 days, but I will try to not stray too far.

My goal is to lose another 5 lbs in June. That will put me at 193, and within striking distance of the weight range that I think is right for me (180 - 190). Below 190 36 pants fit really easy, and 34 pants are in the realm of possibility. The love handles are essentially gone, and I feel that I look fit in my work clothes.