#66   ^
Old Thu, Sep-03-20, 09:56

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Rofl, Im hoping to make Cooking Keto with Kristie's LC bread recipe. Basically oppsie bread eith yeast added for that aithentic aroma..... just cant find the youtube posting again.

Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUsFqRELdqQ

There's a lot more in that recipe than in the oopsie recipe I use, although I can see putting some yeast in the basic oopsie recipe to provide a more bread-like flavor.

The oopsie recipe I use. I changed the original 3 egg version to 8 eggs, so that I could use a whole 8 oz block of cream cheese. This gives me 18 oopsies:

Quote:
8 eggs, separated
8 oz cream cheese - Do NOT microwave to soften.

1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp salt
1 scoop (1/40 tsp) stevia powder (Kal brand, with no maltodextrin, or any other extenders)

Separate eggs - yolks and cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl, egg whites in a large mixing bowl.

Add cream of tartar, stevia, and salt to the egg whites. Blend with electric mixer on low speed, then beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.

Blend the yolks and cream cheese on low speed, then beat on high speed until relatively smooth. It's ok to still have little chunks of cream cheese.

Pour half of the yolk and cream cheese mixture into the stiff egg white mixture, and fold in gently, using as few strokes as possible, so you don't break down the egg whites. Then pour in the other half of the yolk and cream cheese mixture, and fold that in very gently too, with as few strokes as possible.

Portion the batter into individual piles on parchment lined cookies sheets or baking pans - or you can use mini-baking pans for round buns, or if you have an approximately 4"-4-1/2" diameter or square mold, you can use that to create a more uniform shape for your oopsies (I have a bread slice shaped Joie mold, approx 4" across - I spoon in oopsie batter, smooth to the edges of the mold, pick up the mold and repeat, to give me 3 rows of 3 oopsies on each pan, 18 total.)

Bake 30 minutes at 300-325F. Since I'm doing two pans, I have them on separate racks in the oven, and switch racks after 15 minutes, so they brown evenly.

As you can see, I don't use any protein isolate, or extra fats - it's not much more than eggs and cream cheese. The keto bread sounds good though -if I can locate some unflavored whey protein isolate and oat fiber, I'll give it a try.