View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 19:53

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

I have diverticulosis and terrible pain with chronic constipation. Or, I used to. I tried every single laxative on the market and they didn't work unless they gave me the opposite problem.

By sheer coincidence, the only Kiwi I know (and his GF) introduced me to this stuff:

from this vendor:

Common Sense Herbs

It's pricey. If you "join" and buy more than $50 worth, they give you a pretty big discount. I am not affiliated, just know that THIS WORKS. If I need a booster, I use MiraLax once or twice.

Literally nothing moves without this stuff. Including drinking 64 ounces of water today and upping my fat to very high amounts.

I will say that starting a couple of years ago, I had a housing issue and stayed quite a bit with vegetarian friends. I was careful not to eat bread but did eat lentils, beans, potatoes, etc. and tons of green veggies. Well...took a few days and NO constipation. At all. Every time I stayed with one of them I had sweet comfort. The problem is, I am diabetic and high carb diets are lethal for us IMO.

So, things have settled down and I am doing a modified LC. I'm allowing myself up to 50 carbs to make sure I get enough veggies to help things along. But I still take the Super Lax. I so love comfort and no pain.

I hope this can help you. It's a problem most people might have occasionally...not continually. I read about people who say, if I have more than one spoonful of coconut oil I'm in the bathroom all day....um..NOT. I wish though!