Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 23:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/198.75/130
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Hey! That's my story too!

Welcome Jerzee!
Your story sounds so much like my story too! I started low-carbing in August of 1999 at 230 lbs and size 26 jeans. By November I was down to 180, and size 16 jeans...

and then little bit by little bit I went back up again...

I never thought I'd weigh this much again, but I started low-carbing again in earnest last Sunday at 218. Whew. I can hardly believe it myself that I let myself fall this much off the wagon when I was doing so well...

Actually, you know what I think the real problem was?

I had been faithfully reading and posting *something* in asdlc everyday from August to December. Then I got too busy at work...

And asdlc suddenly exploded with new members when low-carbing was covered on "20/20" and "Oprah." It was harder and harder for me to keep up with all that reading! And instead of the small (I think there were 200 members then) low-carbing community I'd gotten to know and love, I suddenly felt like a tiny little voice in a huge impersonal city!! And so asdlc (and low-carbing) took a back seat to all my stuff at work... Big mistake.

Now I know I really need to let other people know how I am doing on this WOE *every* *day* or I'm likely to start backsliding again!

So anyway, the whole point of this is to tell you you've found a great group! Small enough so you won't feel overwhelmed, but overflowing with a wealth of knowledge, compassion, and support! (And don't you just love the smilies, and the little pictures next to the names, and the Whoosh Fairy?)

So read and post everyday and let us know how you're doing!

Mae West
218/213.75/214.5/130 Atkins since 6/3/01
"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!" The Other Mae West