View Single Post
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/232/145
BF:
Progress: 30%

I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing the mistakes they have made a long the way... it is a huge learning process especially since we all have been taught low-fat all our lives. I'm learning and feel inspiration now knowing that I'm not the only one who falls into the fake sugar trap. It's always good to know that you aren't in this alone and that there are many folks across the board who run into the same issues.

As for me the biggest mistake I ran into was letting the Metabostrips dictate my success and mood. I went from dark purple one day to nothing the next even though my diet didn't change. It was so crushing to think I was working so hard and could just fall out of Keotsis. Thank goodness I have a hubby who is supportive and always could lift me back up on the wagon. I had to throw them out because even though I was loosing if those strips weren't purple I would flip out!!!! I also have put my scale in the closet and learned to just go with the flow. I can tell that I'm in Ketosis by other signs my body produces and I just have to realize and tell myself everyday that this is now a life long battle I have taken on and not just a short lived diet.

Congrats to everyone on their losses and thanks again for sharing!