#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-19, 04:53

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%
Default Need HDL cholesterol help

My 3-month blood work just came back.

Things are mostly great: I no longer meet the diagnostic criteria for diabetes.

My total cholesterol, trigliceride, and LDL levels have all plummeted... not quite to "normal" range (except the first) but pretty darned close. (For the previous blood work, that we're comparing this to, I'd spent several months eating a diet deliberately high in wheat, to get an accurate Celiac disease test... so those numbers had been scarily high)

The thing is, my HDL is still really low. And, honestly, this has usually been the case when I've had my cholesterol tested -- it's just that now, I see my results online, instead of the doctor seeing them and giving me verbal information.

I eat LC. I eat lots of fat, including lots of saturated fat. (LOVE me some saturated fat! It's what makes pork chops & steak taste so darn good!) I take fish oil supplements, and coconut oil is a staple in our home (running out sends everyone from my hubby and kids to the DOGS into a panic!

And yet, my HDL has DROPPED since November (and in November, it was half what is "should" be.)

I'm sure I'll be reviewing all this with my doctor in a couple days... but I wanted to see what else I might do.
Sponsored Links