View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-06, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan: Gluten-free diet
Stats: 150/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Recently diagnosed with Candida - stomach issues with die-off?

Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum, 32 years old, and I'm glad i found it as I was recently diagnosed with candida. This is after years - YEARS - of feeling cruddy, from stomach problems (4 years) to yeast infections (chronic for 4 years) to sinus problems and food allergies (I was diagnosed as gluten-intolerant a couple years ago), and basically feeling tired all the time. So needless to say I'm glad I finally found a doctor that thinks he knows what it is!

I'm now on Diflucan, once a day, along with probiotics, and the doctor wants me to stay on it for 6-8 weeks. That sounded fine in the beginning, but it's been a week and I've had indigestion (gas, burping, pain) since I started taking it. It's not horrible, but annoying enough to make me want to stop the meds. Also, my palms have been burning/itching and feeling really tight (sounds strange but it's true!). I'm eating well - no sugar, no carbs, no fruit. Wondering if this is all related to die-off - any thoughts? Anyone else have stomach issues during treatment? I'd love to know that this will go away eventually...that would give me a reason to keep taking it.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Sponsored Links