View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 13:15
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Starting out as a Type 2 diabetic (not yet on insulin) my blood sugars continued to run high even after 9 months and 100 pounds lost eating low carb. I wasn't fasting during that period and even the slightest amount of carbs sent my already high BG even higher. A before dinner of 115 could shoot up to 150 or even 200 from a 10 to 15 net carb meal - depend on what I ate. I was surprised that I was still so carb sensitive at that stage of the game. I friend here on this forum referred me to IDM and I watched a few of Dr. Fungs videos. I slowly started to work IFs into my plan. I also worked to eliminate snacking. Lastly, I knocked my carb limit down to < 20 net (instead of 30 net). Before I reached 1 year on the diet my blood sugars normalized. Some sort of healing took place and it happened quite rapidly. Suddenly my FBG was typically in the 70's or 80's and a 15 net carb meal would not push my BG above 100. All I can really say is that the healing process did not happen for me overnight. Was it time on plan? Weight Loss? Regular IFs? Was it tightening up on carbs? Or was it some combination of the above? I doubt that I will ever know. My advice is to keep working at it and give it time.