View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-19, 10:00

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

I've said it--we've all said it--over and over: the number of foods that have unnecessary added sugar in them is absurd. That's where so much of this is coming from. Salad dressing, ketchup, meatballs. It's virtually impossible to buy mayonnaise without sugar in it. A lot of people don't even realize that so much of what they're eating has sugar in it. Not to mention the sugar in the "non-sugar" cereal at breakfast with a vat of OJ on the side.

When I was a kid, my step-Mom used to make amazing apple pie. She was known for it. Some of our friends used to request it, if they were coming for dinner. It had zero sugar in it. Maybe sometimes a sprinkle (like a tablespoon or two) if the apples were especially sour. She learned to make it this way because her dad and sister were T1 diabetics. But really this is how people used to make pie until maybe the 1950s when we really started adding 1/2 cup or a cup of sugar. Cooked fruit has a ton of natural sweetness, but our tastebuds are so broken, we don't know that any more.