#10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 16:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Newbie mistakes?

Let's see:

1) Nuts: I can fall into a jar of peanut butter with a spoon & can't stop....Raw almonds - I luv em and can eat 2 cups without even thinking about it.
2) "legal" desserts with cr cheese, whipping cream, AS, yadda, yadda, yadda. Does the whole batch count as 1 serving?
3) In the first month of Atkins, falling into the old 'low fat' way of thinking. It's awfully hard to beat the LF ways out of our systems, isn't it?

My oldster problems: eating way too much of legal treats, nuts, etc. I don't eat high carb foods, I just eat like a pig with legal LC food. AARRRRGGHHHH!

But since I've started BFL, I'm much better about what I eat. Why? Well, I'm working out 6 days a week, getting out of bed ~ 5:45 am on work days to hit the gym b4 work. There are 2 promises to myself at work here: 1) If I'm working at exercise that hard (and losing sleeptime ) then I'm not going to fail on the dietary side of things: I have an incentive to eat right and stay on plan. 2) And if I'm sticking to LC, no cheats or bad choices, then no way will I miss a workout. I had to remind myself of this only yesterday morning.

Good thread, Karen. I wonder how many more 'oldsters' you can flush out of the woods?