View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-18, 21:43

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I totally understand.

Usually my children get sealants, but was very frustrated when I was told the cavity had started before the sealant was applied. WTH??

Sealants dont get my vote anymore.

Vitamin K2 is vitally important ,and Dr Lin provides a great explaination of why the formulation to make bone also includes lots of fat soluable vitamins, the usual minerals AND vit K2.

WHen reading other sources touting K2, calcium supplementation is actually closely correlated to higher heart attacks--- THAT was a surprize, and the key lies with K2 that moves the calcium into the bones and teeth where it belongs... What is not clear to me is how curative this is: can the extra calcium lodged in the vessels and the heart muscle be removed as well??

Back to Dr Lin-- he talks about balancing the microbes of the mouth, to keep the gums healthy, the oral cavity healthy. And offers a number of recipes that many might recognize as maintenance level in the carbs.

It is a complex book, some 300 pages, with chapter after chapter of either evifence for an issue, and then chapters and chapters on how to help the current circumstances.

Funny how he talks about the theraputic effects of chewing food. Because I know from personal observation, that my son with jaw ussues speaks better after a day of chewing gum. CHewing gum became part of his treatment for speech. Fortunately he and all other students are allowed to chew gum in school now.

Chewing our food 50 times before swalling might really have value.