View Single Post
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-17, 09:50

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Pleased to hear of your progress, Ken. I have read that niacin increases HGH (human growth hormone) as part of its healing power. I wonder if that increases BG for some? Perhaps the BG increases under niacin is being used up, somehow, and so does not contribute to diabetes complications the way some other mechanisms might be doing?

Thanks so much for your research and sharing with the community.

I just had an "acid test" for niacin's calming effect: finally resolved a seven month ordeal with my insurance company. And it was not in my favor. After instructing me to get my doctor to ask for a diagnostic procedure, and then telling me to go out-of-network to get it, they dragged their feet for seven months, after a ton of phone calls; they decided it wasn't medically necessary.

I have called the state's appeal process to see what might be going on, because I am utterly spent on the subject. Insurance company gave me an address for appeal; but no forms to fill out (and you know there are forms to fill out.) This is a typical ploy that I am not sure springs from hideous inefficiency or deliberate non-training. I write them, they tell me I don't have the forms, forcing me to ask for the forms, etc.

They are quite chirpy about wanting to "help" me without helping me. It takes 20 minutes on hold to even start the process; my attempts to get "better" phone numbers means they never go anywhere, my messages are never returned; I am no better off.

Somewhere there are recordings where they tell me the opposite of what they are telling me now. Doubtless this is all a plan to make me give up and go away.

But I won't. Thanks to niacin, I am even calm about plodding through the incredible mess that is the American healthcare system.