#14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/240/110 Female 5ft 5"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hmmmmm......

i'm sure with everyone's ideas you could fill up a whole suitcase...but here are a few of my own suggestions:

1. Tobasco sauce...they have a few different types...my favourite is the new chipotle sauce and the original is quite good too. i'm not sure if you already can get these chilli sauces already but they really liven food up and are 0 carb! You can buy these from most supermarkets.

2. Gia pastes in sun dried tomato, garlic, chilli and pesto....these are amazing! Very low carb..and again great for experimenting with....the cost about £1 each and i've found them mainly at Sainsburys and sometimes at Waitrose.

3. Pataks Lime Pickle.....from any supermarket...

4. www.lowcarbmegastore.com and www.carblife.com
i'm not sure if you have low carb internet stores where you are, but these two are great....delivery is approx £5 for unlimited products and you can have next day delivery for a little more....

I recommend the carblife chocolates (YUM...like cadbury!)...but be careful as they can stall you...but nice for an occasional treat. Other products....splenda, keto shakes (in cartons and powder form are nice)...low carb tortillas...flaxomeal cereal (cinammon is yum)...and pork crunch (these are slightly different tasting than normal pork scratchings....they're puffed up and crunchy)...& many many things imported from america...worth having a look....

5. Holland & Barrett is a health store that have a great selections of supplements....not sure when you are coming over to the Uk but they have a sale on right now where lots of things are half price. You mentioned you are going to buy pysillium husks...at H&B they have Regucol which is the psyllium mixed in with "friendly" bacteria....its good stuff.....and on sale right now...

6. I'm guessing that soem things you may not be able to take back with you...but there are tonnes of things to try while you're here.....at Waitrose they have these grilled aubergine in a marinade of oil and spices....
A great restaurant to go to is Nandos (already mentioned in another thread here).....sometimes nice to go out instead of cooking...

7. have a read of the sticky thread on low carb foods in supermarkets....i've found alot of useful tips from there....

There are so many things that i can't seem to remember right now...but i'll have a look in my food diary and post anything else i can find....
i hope you have a great holiday....