View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 07:46

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

Wow, thanks for these posts I've been reading... I would like to comment to each that posted since my last post.....

Daryl: If your stats are current, you are very close to goal weight, so congratulations. I am surprised you are still having to take Januivia. I would like to ask you: How long have you been diabetic? How many carbs do you average daily?

Woodsy: Your admission of "out of control" means you are not in denial, which in itself is a good thing. To begin my new way of eating, I had to tell myself that normal for me was LC dieting for life. I had to make other eating seem repulsive and detrimental to get my mindset straight. This took me over a year to accomplish, so believe me, I understand it is not easy for you. The one change that helped me get my eating more under control was to learn to start each day with a high protein breakfast. No carbs at breakfast when I first started. It kept my food cravings down and got my day going in the right direction and somehow, it gave me more ability to kick my night time snack eating. I hope you can find your best way to kick the cravings. I believe in experimenting with new approaches until something works, but keeping the focus on being in "control".......

danbrown: I wish I could lose 2 pounds a week, great job on the weight loss. Looking at your stats, you are almost at your goal weight. Looking at your BMI, it seems you might be able to lose a bit more. Am I right? Are you thinking of revising your goal weight? I am not suggesting, just looking at your stats and I am curious. I find that gardening work isn't enough for me and since I added walking an hour after meals, I found greater control of BG, but I didn't begin doing that until I really felt comfortable with it. At first, I had to lose some weight so I could feel good enough to walk. I enjoy gardening also. Good luck and keep on trying, we can control this disease, never give up that hope....

grandmah52: That is great about your husband finding success, especially after being on insulin. I would like to know more about what he does, not just for my sake, but for those who are now on insulin and might can get inspired by his success. Example: Exercise? Daily Carb totals? Amount of weight loss? Any other particular things that contributed to his success?

Dancinbr: The "duh" is not intended at you or any other person, it is a self realization I reached one day and it made me feel like I should have known better all along,but I didn't..... Any comments about this thread is really about this: The "Bernstein/diabetes" forum is about the least used forum at this website and I would like to stir up some interest at this forum. So, please forgive me if I sounded offensive, it was not my intention. As we speak up more, we'll have better understanding and hey, no apologies necessary from you to me. I realize my enthusiasm sometimes get me misunderstood.. I agree that some natural remedies can have adverse reactions, especially herbs taken while still using drugs. I did a fair amount of research and feel I am avoiding natural remedies that lead to adverse reactions, but I am sure the things I take successfully could spell trouble for someone else, it is possible. Please come back and post and if you have other things to share with all of us diabetics, I encourage you and others to begin some threads at this forum. good luck to you... Thanks for your reply....