Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunboy47
Posted by DancinBr:

Januvia is a Drug. At the website: www.januvia.com it speaks of possible complications, risks, useage with other medications, but there is no mention of this drug revitalizing the pancreas and its beta cells. From what I read, the purpose of Januvia is to give control over absorption of low GI foods, not helping us reverse diabetes symptoms............... Any drug made to help eat what we should probably not be eating in the first place, or allows us to eat more of what we should be limiting ourselves on, is kind of redundant and self-defeating, especially when the product manufacturer states the risks and complications.
--------------------------------------------------------
I mean no criticism, but this thread is about people getting off of drugs and controlling diabetes without the use of drugs.
---------------------------------------------------------

"Gymnema sylvestre" and the Chinese herbal tea pills "Mai Wei Di Huang Wan" are natural substances, not drugs and do not have adverse reactions and are excellent choices for controlling and reversing the symptoms of diabetes in combination with diet, exercise and useage of other appropriate supplements.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Cure" has been menioned several times on this thread, which is not what this thread is about anyway..... It's about "diabetes reversal"......... which means reversing the symptoms of diabetes without drugs.........

CURE has been mentioned in a few replies on this thread. I would like to offer my take on "cure". I think "cure" means, finding something that works and keep doing it as long as it works. I don't think that "cure" means I can go back and do what I did that caused my problems in the first place and now I won't have the previous results because I am "cured". Duh!

If I had diabetes and traditional medicine was taking me down a road of continued health deterioration and now, I have discovered a way to eat for life, a way to take supplements, a way to exercise and overall a way to achieve better heatlh, I think I have the right to call it whatever I want, be it "cure", "reversal", "control", "saved", "improvement", "manage" or anything else I want to call it.....

To me "Cure" means finding something that works and staying with it as long as it continues to work. I am not married to my disease, so why embrace the idea that I cannot cure it. That sounds so defeatest to me, so much hopelessness in that type of thinking. I've seen many diabetics, myself included at one time, who do not know the first thing about improving health. Daily life is busy taking one pill after another, sitting all day long feeling consumed by the disease.

I know this and believe it as a fact!

Diabetes is the easiest disease in the world to reverse and I reversed it in just one day, but it took having a new attitude and a willingness to challenge myself. It took throwing out all prior beliefs that kept me intrenched in my disease. It took addressing all of the secondary problems I had; high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, loss of sexual funciton, obesity and diabetic neuropathy in both hands and feet. These are all reversed now and without drugs!

No need to go ballistic Mr. Cajunboy.

I simply wanted to get some clarifications on where you were coming from when you started this thread.

No duhs needed either.

I apologize to you and others if I offended you, not the intention at all.

I have followed a lot of your thoughts and I have not made the decision you made as yet to go natural. There can be a entire conversation on "natural" versuse drugs as well. That is not the intent of this thread either.

As I have said in other posts on other threads, I applaud your approach. I am not sure it is for everyone and as you say it is an individual choice. There are even "natural" remedies that have had side effects worse than so called "drugs".

But now I do understand more clearly what you were saying when you opened the thread.

Thanks.