View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-14, 08:36

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I've been keeping tabs on this thread. My ds (dear son btw, he's about to turn 10), is overweight. I'm afraid he is carb sensitive like mommy. And he is 120 on a 5ft frame. My hubs is resistant to me carb-reducing him. I KNOW the kid will benefit. But with hubs, if it isn't his idea, it's a dumb idea. "The boy is still growing." Yeah, horizontally... Ds just isn't very athletic. And he's ADHD. I'm not saying I'm going to go as restrictive as me, but having less mashed potatoes on his plate can't hurt him. He's got plenty of meat and veggies on there. He won't starve.

Luckily for me, ds will eat just about anything I put on his plate. I already limit him to one non-water drink per day. He drinks soy milk as he is lactose intolerant. I'm hoping to sneak some stuff on him. I'm looking at LC sweets and LC breads. I hate to sneak around on my husband, but maybe once he sees a change in the boy's energy level, and weight, he'll come on-board. The hardest thing is getting him to stay away from a giant bowl of cereal. Though I made him eggs and ham this morning. He is already quieter than normal.

Glendora, I think you are doing a great job recognizing and fixing a problem. My ds can be hard to handle sometimes. I swear, that kid doesn't know how to speak with an inside voice! And he is always such a hothead. I can't imagine how you manage with the sort of battles you have with your son. I wish you the best of luck. You are making his life better, and that makes you a good mommy.