View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-13, 18:44

Plan: Somersize/Paleo/My Own
Stats: 150/147/130 Female 5ft 5.5in
BF:Too much
Progress: 15%

Hi all, I'm in the greater Montreal area.

I did Somerzing a few years back (after my last child) and got back down to my normal weight. Fast forward to today... a few years of major stress and poor eating habits and I ballooned back up to 150lbs. I'm back on the Somerzing train for the last few days and already dropped 3lbs.

I do not eat "low carb" foods, I just eat regular whole foods but no grain or starchy/sweet vegetables. (No bread, crackers, chips, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, rice etc). I have a wheat allergy which I have been ignoring but can't any longer as it is affecting my health and I'm sure helped in my weight gain. Nuts and chocolate are hard on my digestion (but I love them!!!). I do try to eat certified organic when I can get it (there is a good organic meat supplier on-line in QC).

The Paleo/Primal way of eating has sprung up with lots of great recipes using real food (although they do like to use sweet potatoes). So that has been a source of recipe inspiration for me. Nomnompaleo is a great site for recipes - do a search for it.

I will eat the occasional bit of rice noodles with spaghetti sauce or plain oatmeal with a sprinkle of coconut sugar if I want a treat and it doesn't seem to affect my weight loss. We'll see how this time goes.

Wishing everyone a great day/night!