View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Mon, May-06-19, 19:13

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

For me this is a real problem for vegan ethics. Animals dying to farm soy for people to eat doesn't pose a significant problem that I can see--because, personally, since not all the meat I eat is going to be grassfed, and the animals I eat are going to be eating more corn and soy than I ever could, whatever the result of my eating corn and soy would be in the deaths of various wildlife is going to be multiplied by my diet choice. That's just true. But my eating a high carb, plant based diet would cause not just the death of some animals, if a smaller number of said animals, but also a more painful, and probably briefer and certainly less enjoyable life for me, and for a lot of people like me. Some folk like to frame it as, people are harming animals to live in a way that's also hurting the person, it's neat that way, and a cleaner ethical problem. It's just not true. Some animals are sacrificed for my well being, and for the well being of many people that I care about. I think I and they are worth that sacrifice.